The role of the team includes elements of education, collaborative strategic planning, preparation of written materials, quality improvement processes and clinical consultation.
Nurse PractitionerExpert profile
Dr Greg Mewett
Clinical Nurse ConsultantExpert profile
Dr Penny Cotton
- Facilitate the ongoing development of palliative care services in the Grampians region so that people throughout the region have equitable access.
- Increase awareness of palliative care services and practice.
- Identify the educational needs of health professionals in the effective and appropriate delivery of palliative care.
- Promote awareness of palliative care standards.
- Identify strategies to ensure appropriate support and debriefing for community palliative care providers.
- Act as an information resource for palliative care providers.